With the exception of “guest posts” written by others, I own the content of this website. It is copyrighted in my name. I want to strike the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Without my permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific article on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 20 copies for personal use only.
If you have some use for my content that has not been listed here, please email me at email@example.com.
Not without my permission
You must have my written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in any form for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Reposting and translation rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original version, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission. At the same time, re-posting my articles would put both of us at risk.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers and writers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines therefore do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly.
I you have an inquiry for some use for my content that has not been covered here, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.